Cosmetic Acupuncture has attracted great attention in the last few years, especially in the big cities like New York City
and Los Angeles. It used to be a treatment only for the rich and famous in Hollywood, but now everyone wants the royal treatment.
What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face. This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill out the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion.
Facial acupuncture stimulates the cells to lay down new collagen fibres under wrinkles, thereby filling them in, and the needles relax muscles, which combats sagging in facial areas. The stimulation brings blood rushing to the face, which makes it look flushed. Apparently, after a few sessions, eyes brighten, skin feels firmer, lips become plumper and blemishes vanish. The results are amazing.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
Cosmetic Acupuncture may take 5-10 years off your face. It helps to eliminate fine lines and makes the deeper lines look softer. It can also help to minimize dark circles, puffy eyes, double chin, sagging skin, and dropping eyelids. Other benefits include:
· The elasticity of facial muscles improves (also helps prevent wrinkles from forming!)
· Reduction of wrinkles
· Erasing of fine lines and reduction of deeper lines
· Firming of bags
· Reduction of sagging
· Lifting of droopy eyelids
· Minimization of double chin
· Clearing or reduction of age spots
· An overall rejuvenation that is not confined to your face
· Relaxes muscle tone
· Increases circulation, therefore oxygenates the skin
· Increases collagen production
· Tightens the pores, and brightens the eyes
· Keeps acne prone skin under control
· Nourshes the skin, giving you a healthy complexion with a natural glow
· Moisturizes the skin from inside, and gives rosy cheeks to people with dull, tired looking skin
Can I do Cosmetic Acupuncture if I had botox?
Yes, Cosmetic Acupuncture will maintain the effectiveness of botox, so it will save you a couple injections per year.
Cosmetic Acupuncture is not usually suitable for people who have pituitary disorders, some heart disorders and diabetes mellitus. It is not suitable for individuals who have a pacemaker, or who suffer from excessive bruising or bleeding. It is also not recommended for people with a lot of broken capillaries on the face.
What is the course of treatment?
The course of the treatment is between 10-12 sessions. This will be done 1-3 times a week for best results. Each individual will respond different to the treatment depending on their age and lifestyle. Visible results will be noticeable after 6 -7 sessions. Maintenance maybe needed once every month.